Friday, September 9, 2016

Getting Back at It

     For nearly 4 years I've had this project on the back burner. In my spare travel time I've been focused on my primary hobby of visiting Presidential sites.

     I haven't visited a new Governors grave since I visited Chilicothe in October 2012. I got 4 of them that day. But I just got around to posting about 2 of them earlier this week, after about a 3.5 year hiatus of posting.

   During this hiatus there was been 2 more Governors pass away. 62nd Governor John J. Gilligan passed away in 2013. And most recently 65th Governor George Voinovich passed away earlier this year (2016). Voinovich was buried in the Cleveland area. As a matter of fact a couple weeks after he passed away I was up by Cleveland and spent the night at a hotel about 20 minutes from the cemetery in which he was buried. I thought about sneaking over there, to pay my respects, but since we were up there as a little getaway for our Wedding Anniversary, my wife insisted that we wouldn't be seeing any "history stuff". So I'll need to go up there another time. Governor Gilligan on the other hand, from what I can tell, donated his body to science upon his death. More specifically to the University of Cincinatti Medical Center. So I'm not sure what I will do there but I will figure out someway of honoring him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment